Hindu Fascism or the Rise of the Right in API spaces is an on-going battle that has taken space for years. At NQAPIA, we are now navigating how and what our place is in these movements. Much of the Hindu fascism work will revolve around a very solid partnership with Equality Labs.
Equality Labs is a South Asian organization that uses community research, socially engaged art, and technology to end the oppression of caste apartheid, Islamophobia, white supremacy, and religious intolerance.
Our vision is to center the leadership of South Asian caste and religion – oppressed communities in the ongoing redefinition of South Asian identity in the United States, across the diaspora, and in our home countries.
Plan of Action
Following & collaborating with Dalit & Muslim led organizing ensures that the future of South Asian Americans can be built with equity in mind. Since the issue of Hindu Fascism is so deeply entwined with the current politics of the US, there are many pathways we can take to fight back. Our plan of action (tentative) is listed below:
1. Deep political education & awareness
- At the NQAPIA 2020 Regional Summits we will bring out The Equality Labs team to do a deep political training for the base of folks interested in mobilizing.
2. Education to Action
- The core committee will navigate what it looks like to build out a curriculum of how to get involved on a state by state level.
- Identifying targets in each State and helping build local momentum to carry out actions and awareness.
3. Carrying out both physical and/or electronic actions to battle Hindu Fascism
- Whether it’s emails, sign on letters, creating curriculums or showing up physically.
- Currently in development as we wait to see what is most beneficial and strategic.