Thank you for your interest in NQAPIA’s Design Contest! Are you ready to create some new NQAPIA gear that LGBTQ API folks throughout the country will wear?
Ideas for designs can draw from the following:
- Our previous gear, with the slogan “Queer API Pride”
- Our #RedefineSecurity campaign, which organizes against policing, profiling, criminalization and surveillance in LGBTQ API communities
- Our Family Acceptance campaign, which creates space for parents of LGBTQ API kids to tell their stories
- Our Trans and Gender Justice work, which draws from our trans and gender non-conforming histories in Asia and the Pacific Islands and trains API communities through a trans and gender justice lens
You can explore more about our work on this website or at www.facebook.com/NQAPIA.
There is no entry fee for this contest. All submissions must be sent to email@example.com. The winner will receive a $50 cash prize, recognition on NQAPIA’s social media accounts, and one printed item displaying their winning design! The deadline to submit your design is Sunday, June 25th.
Listed below are the official rules, regulations, and design judging criteria.
- To be eligible to submit a design you must identify as LGBTQ+ & API/ POC.
- Participants must utilize green in some way, NQAPIA’s main color. Each design can utilize a maximum of 2 colors, along with green, black, and/or white. The background color is at the discretion of the designer. View the colors here.
- Participants are allowed (and encouraged!) to incorporate NQAPIA’s Lotus Logo. View our logos here.
- All designs must be appropriate. No vulgar/obscene words or images. No usage of any trademarked words or symbols except for the NQAPIA logo. All design submissions must be original artwork from designer.
- Each entry must be submitted digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One design entry per person. Designers may put/incorporate their signature on the submission. The winning design will receive recognition from NQAPIA on our website, on Facebook, and at our three remaining Regional Summits this year!
- FORMATTING: For purposes of submission, please submit the design in .png, .jpg or .psd form (resolution of 300 dpi) AND as a .pdf file (less than 10MB). If the design incorporates non-standards fonts, you must be able to provide us with the font should your design be selected. If you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high-resolution vector file.
- The design must be adaptive so that it can be used on a variety of platforms from t-shirts to totes and buttons. We look forward to seeing all the wonderful talent that’s out there!
Selection of winner: All entry designs will be screened and those that comply with the Official Contest Rules and have met the guidelines and specifications will be judged by the staff/volunteers of NQAPIA as well as through social media in a “People’s Choice Competition.” The winner will be notified by email no later than June 30th. In the event that no entry is selected, NQAPIA reserves the right to declare no winner.