ACTION TOPICS + IDEAS
NQAPIA can support executing these ideas:
- Host an EVENT or PHONE BANK your members to let them know about DACA and DAPA.
APIA communities have the lowest registration in registering for administrative relief—help us reach out to more immigrants who qualify in our community.
- Host a COMMUNITY CONVERSATION, TEACH-IN, or POTLUCK.
- Connect profiling and detention in the immigration system to the broader criminalization of communities of color and Trans* folks.
- Connect Immigrant Rights to the struggles of Dalit communities during DALIT History Month.
- Take Local ACTION for Immigrant Rights.
- Demonstrate to end to racial and religious profiling.
- Host a vigil at detention center to demand release of trans folks in detention and expansion of detention centers.
- Support a local campaign for immigrant rights.
NQAPIA is committed to supporting regional actions and educational events. A toolkit will be available to help plan your event. Our call is for queer APIA communities but we encourage everyone to join. Micro-grants are available to existing member organizations.
Looking for ideas for events in your area?